Tuesday, February 21

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.


Inspiration-
I came across this amazing blog when I was searching through Pinterest one night and saw the initials, RAOK. I had no idea what it was so of course I immediately Googled it. It stands for –Random Acts of Kindness.
Now this particular blog was about a woman who was doing a Random Act of Kindness each day until the countdown of her birthday. Whatever age you were turning that is how many days you would do a RAOK. For example, I am turning 28 on July 15th. So on June 18th I will begin my RAOK countdown till my birthday. The idea is that every day, all across the globe 19 MILLION people share a birthday. What if every single day people from every nation used his or her birthday to do something different...something for someone else?
I sat there and pondered on the idea for a minute, thought about things I’ve done that I thought were kind, thought about times when I should of done something but just didn’t. It really got me thinking. I love to be inspired, and I loved this idea so much that I couldn’t wait until June to begin. I decided that I would just do little acts here and there which I have been doing for the last month. Then I made a bulletin board in my classroom counting down till the FCAT- the scariest test EVER, which they are taking in about 7 weeks. Then it hit me, I decided that I would do a countdown till the end of school. If you are a teacher you know you are already counting down the days until June 8th
So this is where my journey begins, each week until the last week of school I will make sure I complete a RAOK. It could be for:
A friend in need.
A neighbor.
A stranger.
A co-worker.
The person in line behind you at the store, the coffee shop, the drive-thru.
WHOEVER!! Just anyone that you can help brightens his or her day.
My goal is to document each act, whether by a photo of the person enjoying it, the item, and the idea, whatever it is. I hope to have some really memorable photos at the end. I truly can’t wait to start my RAOK, 16 weeks until the end of schools.
 
Check back soon for more updates and of my first act!!

No comments:

Post a Comment