Sunday, October 30

Update: Tithing Challenge

So I wanted to give you a little update on life. Two weeks ago I decided to take the 3 month tithing pledge with Christ Fellowship. I committed to giving 10% of what I make to them- and they promised I would see results from God. Now, to say I was skeptical is kind of an understatement.. but I guess with that guarantee I just had to try it. Now, tithing is something that I have always struggled with. It's so hard to give up money, especially when you don't make much and you have bills to pay.  I don't really know how to explain why I finally decided to take the challenge. It was just something I decided to do on my way to work that day....

Well two weeks in I can already see God blessing me. I finally found a roommate and she is fantastic. I'm so thankful that it didn't work out with all the other people I spoke with. She is sweet, funny, caring, and has the cutest taste! I love my home so much more now that she is in it.  She also happens to have the most adorable dog named Brody. I've always loved that name, maybe because Brody Jenner is so darn good looking!! But regardless they make such a lovely edition to the house. I feel very thankful for her :)

Next, I was asked to be the co-team leader for third grade on Friday. Ahh! Yay!!!!! Now, to some it may sound stupid... it's more work, more responsibility and barely any more money, but I feel so lucky. I take it as such a compliment and it's really nice to know that your hard work has paid off. I have worked extremely hard to get where I'm now and it feels really nice to be recognized. Very thankful for my job and the lovely people I work with.
The best part about it is that it does come with a little raise, and when I say little.. I mean little. But, it just proved how God does come through to those who believe and are faithful to Him. I have been giving money away each week and God just found a way to give me more back each week. It's truly funny how he works.

Lastly, I will be heading back to the Reef Grill this week. I promised myself that I won't be working as much as last year- I swear I won't! But, it is nice to have the opportunity to be able to go back after not working there for about 5 months. Especially around the holiday season. It's a nice way to make some extra money. :) Come see me for drinks!

Time for bed.. it's actually 10:08- I should of been in bed an hour ago :) I will keep you posted on how God continues to bless me. xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment