Friday, September 16

End of the week update:

It's FRIDAY! Woohoo :)
Day 5 with my No Shopping rule. I can successfully say that the only thing I have spent money on all week is photos from Walmart of my kids in my class- for my classroom. A bagel- if I didn't have it Wednesday morning I wouldn't of been able to make it through the day. Lastly, McDonalds this morning- but it was a good cause.
Now, I know I wasn't giving up spending money in general all week- just clothes, accessories and household decor etc. But, it's nice to know that I've only spent about $15 dollars all week! How much have you spent?!

I think I may give myself another week of my no spending rule... Let's see how it goes :)

Next update:I did the Drive Thru Difference this morning.. I decided I would stop at the McDonalds in West Palm by my work.. As I was driving up I had the nervous butterflies in my stomach.. I get them every time for some reason. I'm waiting in line, I'm ordering and no one was behind me!!!! I was so upset bc I didn't even want the McDonalds- I just wanted to make a difference. Right as I'm getting my credit card back- I was super bummed- a lady pulled up behind me. I quickly handed my card back and asked the teller if I could pay for the women behind me. She looked at me and gave me the sweetest smile, she was obviously familiar with what I was doing... Which is AMAZING!! That means people are doing it :) Anyways, I paid for both of us.. drove forward.. and I'm anxiously watching in my rear view window for her reaction... As I drove off I could see her reading the letter the teller had given her.. I'm so thankful I got to see her smile and talk with the teller about the situation. I instantly started to cry. It was such an over whelming experience... I didn't talk to her, she didn't say thank you. I just knew God put her behind me this morning for a reason.. He used me to get through to her!! I held on to that feeling all day and I am still consumed with happiness....It was a really good day.. Hope yours was too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment