Wednesday, September 21

Corn and Carrots

I love veggies. Now- fresh veggies are always the best, but most of the time my corn or carrots come from a can. If you look at the can it really is a pretty thing. I've always wanted to use them for something so in my garage I would clean them out and store them. Now don't worry- I'm not a crazy can lady.... I just thought "let me collect a few and try to find a use for them". I also did this with corks- which as you know I have already found a use for! :)
So, I collected a few.. cleaned them, ripped the labels off and decided I would make a pretty pen holder.
Now I was going to use just one- then it hit me.. I could totally put them together!!!
Just your simple cans...
I took some scrapbook paper I had around the house. Cut it to the size and super glued it on the can.

I covered all five in different scrapbook paper- already looks cute!

Then I tried a few different combinations and came up with this one. I did need to eat corn for dinner last night to put the last one on top! :)

ALMOST final product.. I didn't get to take a picture with the last can on top. I decorated in cute "teacher" scrapbook paper. then I loaded it up with pens and other things my students will need in the Writers Workshop area in our classroom. I think it looks super cute and it was so easy to make. Yay! One of my favorite things about this is you can use it on it's side- like in the picture. OR you can put it up right! Double cute!!

 I will post a final picture tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment